“Do not lose hope — what you seek will be found. Trust ghosts. Trust those that you have helped to help you in their turn. Trust dreams. Trust your heart, and trust your story.” ~ Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things – “Instructions”
I was just staring at this quote. It reminds me to trust. It reminds me that hope is not and is never lost; no matter how bad things seem to be.
I remember a time when I didn’t trust anyone, not even myself. I couldn’t bring myself to let the walls down. I believed that vulnerability equaled gullibility and being taken advantage of.
But that’s not necessarily true. Going through life like that is not living at all. It’s keeping yourself walled off in a box that will never get you anywhere.
That’s not much of a life. Life is about new experiences and change. While that still terrifies me to some extent, it’s my favorite thing about this life.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar).
- Link up your post below.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.