Everyone likes to win an award. It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside in the place where the doctor tells you your heart should be. That’s how I’m feeling right now because Jennifer from TripleZmom nominated me for this awesome award for new or small blogs. Thanks so much for the shout out, Jenn!
In return, you answers some interview questions from the person who nominated you, give eleven facts about yourself, and then nominate other blogs that are new, just starting out, or small. It’s all about discovering new blogs and giving a nice shout out to your blogging peeps.
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you get started?
- I’ve been blogging for a little over two years now. I don’t really remember why I started other than I felt like I had something to share with the internet world.
2. If you could have a day to yourself, what would you do?
- I would listen to my favorite music and write all day.
3. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
- Law and Order: SVU
4. What is your goal for your blog?
- To share the little things I write and pictures I take or come across and to hopefully make my corner of the internet a little better.
5. Who was your first celebrity crush?
- Patrick Swayze
6. Who is your favorite author?
- Jasper Fforde, all the way!
7. Where have you lived?
- I’ve lived in a few suburbs of Dallas, Texas and in Waco and Tyler, Texas.
8. Gold or silver?
- I like both, actually.
9. What’s your favorite thing to drink?
- Green tea because I gave up coffee for Lent.
10. The beach or the mountains?
- I’d actually prefer the desert (provided I have sufficient water and shade) because I’m weird like that.
11. What’s your favorite vegetable?
- I love broccoli.
11 Things About Me
- I change my hair color quite a lot. I’ve had some shade of almost every natural hair color you can buy in a box.
- I once hated poetry, but now I think it’s one of the most beautiful things in life.
- I don’t like wearing glasses, but I can’t wear contacts.
- I want to move to Scotland someday.
- I was once a deaf education major.
- Borderlands (both 1 and 2) are my favorite PC games.
- I’m awaiting my DNA analysis result from 23andMe because I’m fascinated by genetics.
- I hate when people jump to conclusions, but I can’t help but do it myself.
- I wish I had more time to read all of the things I want to read.
- I once wanted to be a marine biologist.
- I wash my hands any time they feel even slightly sticky.
My Nominees, not necessarily new bloggers but who definitely aren’t getting the recognition they deserve:
My friend Caro at My Daily Diatribes because she’s awesome.
Since Jenn and I apparently wanted to nominate all the same blogs and I am a bad blogger and don’t read all that many blogs these days, you tell me! Are you a new or small blog? This recognition is for you, then!
- How long have you been blogging and why did you get started?
- What is your goal for your blog?
- What is your ideal vacation spot?
- Who’s on your top five celebrity “list”?
- What is your favorite blog post of yours?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Favorite season?
- Are you a “gamer”? If so, what’s your favorite game?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What are your hobbies?
- Tell me about yourself in one sentence.
- Thank the blog that presented you this award and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions asked by your nominator, give 11 random facts about yourself. List 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate several blogs that you feel need the recognition that have fewer than 1000 followers. Contact the blogger to let them know they have been selected by email, commenting on a post, facebook, etc.
- Upload the Leibster Award image to your blog.